Disk Enclosures
1751926 Members
5159 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Phantom LUN on FC60 array

Lance Preston

Phantom LUN on FC60 array

I have a LUN in an FC60 array that I cannot delete. The "amdsp -a" output is attached. The original RAID-1 LUN was #6 and was made up of devices at 2:3 and 4:3. The physical disks have been removed from the array, but appear to be "sparing" to the hot spare disks at 1:3 and 3:3. LUN #6 no longer even exists in the "amdsp" display, but there is still a "phantom" LUN using the devices at 2:3 and 4:3 with a LUN number of "2012980088" and a 0kb segment size. I have tried "amcfg -D 6 fc60" but it report there is no LUN 6. I also tried with LUN 2012980088, but it complains that number is out of range. I have also tried "amcfg -R A:6 -d 2:3,4:3 -r 1 -force fc60" using both controllers (A & B) and again with the longer LUN number, but got the same errors. I have tried power cycling the array and that did not help. I have a support case open with HP and it has been escalated, but so far no one has provided anything that has helped. I need to know how to delete this "phantom" LUN and how to free up both of my hot spares so they are available again. The LUN is not a member of any volume groups.
This array is shared between two rp5470 servers running HP-UX 11i ver 1.

Thanks for your assistance!
1 REPLY 1
Lance Preston

Re: Phantom LUN on FC60 array

This issue was resolved with assistance from HP support. The LUN mapping in the FC60 array controller had gotten out of sync, and required physically attaching to the array controller via serial cable, verifying the controller was the actual owner of the LUN in question, clearing the LUN mapping from the dac store, and rebooting the controller. This restored the LUN so it could then be removed using "amcfg -D 6 fc60".