1752664 Members
5909 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Possible Continuous Access (CA - HORCM) timeout problem

Kevin McNamara_1
Occasional Advisor

Possible Continuous Access (CA - HORCM) timeout problem

We have CA running between our 2 data centers over a GigaMAN network. When ever the GigaMAN "Flops" (circuit failure - reroute IP traffic over backup circuit) all CA pairs go to PSUE/SSUE status. In the HORCM config file (/etc/horcm.conf) we have the HORCM_MON timeout set to 3000 (10ms). Could upping this timeout value (maybe 6000) allow for rerouting and keep CA syncing?
2 REPLIES 2
Chan 007
Honored Contributor

Kevin,

Few things

1. If you are on a metrocluster between those two datacenters, I would not do this instead try to solve the network bottleneck.

2. I don't think this can be done on a permanent basis. This intrun will effect your DR, as this sync will take more time. even though increase might solve your problem, I would check the bandwidth and solve the problem. (To be honest I never tried this option, may be worth checking for a test bot..:-)..)

Better solve the network issue & check with your local HP (HDS - CA or TC) specilist to have a go. Use performance tools to identify the bottleneck.

Chan
Chan 007
Honored Contributor

Kevin,

I was thinking a bit about this change, but this timeout param are in milli sec, I don't see that may help you, but defenitely worth a try.

Chan