1748251 Members
3829 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem installing Secure Path

Fernando Ferri Wollner
Frequent Advisor

Problem installing Secure Path

I've installed the software in a solaris 8, configured ok, and than in the boot time, the server didn't come up and start to generate this message on console:

/kernel/drv/sparcv9/qlc non-zero sect addr in input file
qlc error reading sections

After the message, the server reboot again, again without stop.
I only could fix the problem, removing the secure path and reinstalling the qlc package.

Any ideas?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Craig_83
Frequent Advisor

Re: Problem installing Secure Path

What version of SecurePath are you using? Also, what disk-subsystem is being used?
Fernando Ferri Wollner
Frequent Advisor

3.0b with EVA5000 v.3.00.01

Thanks
Craig_83
Frequent Advisor

I forgot to ask, how many HBA's do you have and who are the manufactures?

Thanks
Fernando Ferri Wollner
Frequent Advisor

Just 1 HBA, QLA2200.
Craig_83
Frequent Advisor

I assume that the port on the fibre switch that the Solaris system is on can see the EVA. Have you performed the following steps?

o Install the platform kit - you can download the current version from: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=326994&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=326992&swEnvOID=211

o After the platform kit is installed, open 'Command View eva' on the Management applicance.

o Open the Host folder and 'Add host' - fill in the required information. For the pull down on 'Port WW Name' you should see the WWN for the Solaris box. If you do not see it, stop. If you can see it, select it and change the 'Host OS' to 'Sun Solaris'.

o Install SecurePath. Do not reboot until you have run spconfig.

There is a newer version of SecurePath that you can download from:
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/sanworks/softwaredrivers/securepath/spsunv30c.html
Fernando Ferri Wollner
Frequent Advisor

Ok, i am going to download this new version and try to install.

Thanks
Craig_83
Frequent Advisor

Sorry - I forgot one step. After installing the platform kit, but before installing SecurePath, make sure you present a virtual disk to the Solaris system.