Disk Enclosures
1748131 Members
3634 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Problems removing a Logical Volume on an rx2620 with HP-UX 11.23, and SecurePath 3.0e

JoseMi Latorre Valen
Occasional Advisor

Problems removing a Logical Volume on an rx2620 with HP-UX 11.23, and SecurePath 3.0e

I have a rx2620 with two HBAs accesing into my virtual disks on an EVA5000 using SecurePath 3.0e.

When I try to remove a logical volume using SAM, my system hangs up and we can't access into the other logical volumes from the EVA. I can't see any log with appropiate information about the problem and why it happens?

I need to make a cold restart to restore my system. Do you know what can be the problem or how can I obtain some information about what is the cause of this?

Thanks,
1 REPLY 1
Jan Mlotkiewicz
Occasional Advisor

Re: Problems removing a Logical Volume on an rx2620 with HP-UX 11.23, and SecurePath 3.0e

Try the remove from the command line:

1. Make sure there is no use of the volume i.e. any databases / applications that have used it, no longer reference it.
2. Once that's good, umount the filesystem
3. lvremove

If LVM can't remove it, it should give some kind of error message.

Also, something to check - has the LUN been unpresented from the host in CommandView EVA before the volume remove was attempted? That would be unusual.