JoseMi Latorre Valen
Occasional Advisor

Problems with MSA1000 on HP-UX 11.23 on a rx2620

Hi all,

I have this configuration:

-MSA1000 with firmware 4.38
-Itanium rx2620 with HP-UX 11i v2 at patch level 11.23.0409.3
-One HBA A6795A with the last driver 01-B112303

The server is connected directly into the MSA, without SAN Switch. I think this may be a supported configuration. Do I need a Fabric Switch to connect HP-UX into my MSA?

We have configured the MSA through CLI using diferent profiles, (HP, default, windows...)without success. We have tried to enable ACL for my system, disable ACL at all, whit the same result.

Whe I try to scan hardware on my system (ioscan), I can only see the HBA CLAIMED, the FC_Adapter Protocol, but I can't see any LUN presented.
On my MSA if I show my connections it appears Offline in all situations, some times at 1Gb and some times a 2Gb.

What can be the solution? Is supported the direct connection between the Server and the MSA1000? Is there any issue with my software, firmware and drivers installed? Where do I obtain a basic sample configuration for this. I checked all docs from Hp website without success.

Thank you,
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems with MSA1000 on HP-UX 11.23 on a rx2620

For a direct-connect (no Fibre Channel switch) you'll be using FC_AL protocol. It's possible that you need to enable this on your Fibre Channel adapter, else it will try to talk fabric protocol.

You need to enable hard-addressing on the MSA controller - otherwise, there is a risk that the controller's AL_PA can change after a loop initialization which would result in a loss of connectivity, because a different AL_PA results in a different hardware path. I don't have the commands handy, but I know they are somewhere in the documentation.
Alvaro_11
Occasional Advisor

Hi.

We have the scenario in Fabric Mode, but just see one LUN. If I Have more LUN, see more paths associate at the same Lun.

What is the procedure to see all the LUN├В┬┤s configured on MSA1000.

Thanks.

Alvar
Fernando Jose P de Souz
Regular Advisor

I have the same problem.
MSA 1000 connected with K-460(A3404A-fiber channel), when i plug the cable, the machine reboot.

The firmware is upgrade to 4.38

Does any idea?