Disk Enclosures
1752608 Members
4200 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems with Performance Advisor XP installation.

Dmitry Apashkin

Problems with Performance Advisor XP installation.

Hello! I`m trying to install PA on HP Proliant BL35 G1, but installation did not completing successfully (see attach.)
Is PA operates correctly on AMD-Platforms?
5 REPLIES 5
krusty
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems with Performance Advisor XP installation.

Dmitry,

It looks like there is a problem with copying a file. I would see if you can get another set of CD's and try again...

Curt
"In Vino Veritas"
Steve Bonds
Trusted Contributor

Dmitry:

Wow! I have the exact same error and have spent five weeks working with HP to sort it out. Alas, we do not have it solved, only "worked around".

Using some of the tools from sysinternals I narrowed this down to a problem with tar.exe/cygwin.dll that does seem to be CPU related. I can install PA fine on an Intel Pentium 4 Xeon, but not on an Intel 5160 3GHz.

I have not tried on an AMD, but given that the problem seems to be CPU-specific, I'm not surprised.

My workaround was to install it on a Pentium 4 Xeon then move the OS image to my real server. Another option is to manually install the hostagents (HP support can provide them in a non-Windows-installer format.)

I still have problems post-install, but PA is at least minimally functional.

-- Steve
Craig Sterley
Advisor

What version of PA are you trying to install? Just installing verion 3.2 here and getting the same issue. Box is a DL140 with a Intel XEON 3.06 CPU.
Steve Bonds
Trusted Contributor

This is with PA 3.2 for me.
Craig Sterley
Advisor

ended up going back to 3.1 without any problem. I guess it's still better than the 2.2 version we were on.