108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Prolient DL380 hard drive replacement

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joel Flickinger
Occasional Advisor

Prolient DL380 hard drive replacement

I am sure this has been gone over time and time again but I need to replace one bad drive in my DL380 and I have no clue about how to do this. I have not been able to find any manuals online that go though this procedure either. I have a Riad 1 setup with the onboard Raid controller. I just need to remove the bad one and replace it. I am running linux. Few questions.

1. Do I do all of this though the raid bios?
2. While it is rebuilding do I leave the bios up and running or can I start the OS?
3. Are there any manuals out there for this?

Thanks for the help

~joel
3 REPLIES 3
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Prolient DL380 hard drive replacement

Hi Joel,

the process is straihgtforward...just take out the failed disk and replace it with the new disk...the RAID 1 rebuild would start automatically and finish without any user intervention..no need to reboot the server, no host/service downtime at all...Ofcourse, if you wish to monitor the progress of RAID 1 rebuild, you could use the good ol' ACU (Array Configuration Utility or ACU-XE) for Linux.

any more info, let us know....

enjoy..
e4services
Honored Contributor

Should be that simple, but here is a link to your manual, including the Compaq ProLiant DL380 Setup and Installation Guide:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=254889
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Joel Flickinger
Occasional Advisor

Sorry for the late reply on this. I just wanted to let you guys know thanks for the help. This was a very seemless swap and it worked out well for me. Thanks again!

~joel