1753771 Members
4807 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Quick question on a Friday afternoon - Command View EVA licensing

Matt Rosolowski

Quick question on a Friday afternoon - Command View EVA licensing

Good afternoon,

Long story short - I am a presales consultant and have a customer that is asking me how to generate a list of his installed licensing (namely licensed Command View capacity) from his SMA. Command View version and SMA version are currently unknown. All he is proividing me with are BC and CA output fom what presumably is the Command View licensing section. Is he just not sending me the Command View capacity output from the console or is there somewherwe else to get this info? I unfortunately have nver really played around with CV enough to know this offhand...

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Quick question on a Friday afternoon - Command View EVA licensing

I attach a screenshot of the Licensing Info in CV EVA.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Matt:

The only thing that I can think of is to look at the license for BC/CA. I do not think there is a capacity for Continuous Access, but I could be wrong.

In Command View, go to Agent Options --> View previously entered license keys --> look at the license key. The last line will say unlimited or maybe 1TB, etc. I think you just add the numbers if there are multiple licenses for the same EVA.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Just a correction...unless it has changed recently..which I am almost confident that it hasnt...there is a license limit for Continuous Access based on source capacity...last I checked it was something like CA license for 1TB, 2TB, ..., unlimited...

Licensing info page under CV-EVA or SDC output (may be?)should give you what you need Matt.
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

BC and CA have "hard" license requirements and as you say your customer can provide you output of what is licensed based on the keys he has entered. Command View itself no longer has "hard" licenses - they're just pieces of paper you get when you buy a storage array. Not to say they aren't legally required - there's just no key or data that's entered on the management server to record the license.