4912 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RA3000 SWCC

dhananjay_1
Frequent Advisor

RA3000 SWCC

Hello ,
I have RA3000 storage which is connected to AS1200 server with Tru64-5.1. One of the disk in RA3000 is failed now I want to replace this failed disk. For replacing the failed disk I have installed SWCC on my windows client machinent.Now I wanted to access the storage on windows machine to replace the disk.
1. How to do that ?
2. Also i want to take a configuration bakup

kindly suggest , Thanks in advnace .

Regds
Dhananjay
DJ
6 REPLIES 6
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Re: RA3000 SWCC

Hi,

is the failed disk a member of a mirror or raid set? You can exchange the failed disk and rebuild the set.

greetings,

Michael
dhananjay_1
Frequent Advisor

Hello ,

The failed disk is the member of raidset,before replacing the disk we have taken a backup.But while replacing our two raids set virtual volume disappear, now we are not able to restore it. while restoring it gives following error.

COM:MFT:062:047 Unable to restore configuration operation failed ...

is there any way that we can restore our configuration.

pls help us in this .

regds
Dhananjay
DJ
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

So, you have a raid5 set and one disk is failed?
Have you tried a rebuild?

Michael
dhananjay_1
Frequent Advisor

Hello ,

while reconstructing our both U0 and U1 raidset volume crash and we r not able to see even U0 and U1 , I think it raid configuration is corrupted .Now we are trying to restore the raid configuration from back up file and it gives the following Error.

COM:MFT:062:047 Unable to restore configuration operation failed ...

regds
DJ
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Well, if you have a backup of the data then recreate the raid sets and restore the data.

Michael
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Dear Dhananjay,

I just noted that you closed another thread without assigning any points. Would you please take some time and assign points to those who give free advice and try to help you in their spare time?

thanks,

Michael