1752498 Members
5588 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RA3000 - console access

Malcolm Wade
Valued Contributor

RA3000 - console access

I have managed to shoot my own foot of by deleted the last remaining LUN via Command Console on VMS from my Pedestal Raid Array 3000 (HSZ22).

So I thought I'd plug in a serial cable and do it that way. Used a DB9 to DB9 cable that works for my old RAIDARray 310 setup from my PC but no output from the 'Top Controller' port at all.

Should there be output? I have tried installed SWCC on the PC and tried to get it communicate that way with no result.

Anyone shed any light on this?
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: RA3000 - console access

Ah, yes. These lovely RA3000s...

These are OEMed controllers which do not have a CLI like the other ones. They should have come with two serial cables - I can not tell you the pinout right now, sorry. If the serial access works properly you can switch the RA3000 into a menue mode. Press [escape] then "&". For privileged functions you get asked for a password - I think it is "DECRAID". When the SWCC connects to the RA3000 it will switch them back to their protocoll. Good luck!
Malcolm Wade
Valued Contributor

>These are OEMed controllers which do not >have a CLI like the other ones. They >should have come with two serial cables - >I can not tell you the pinout right now, >sorry. If the serial access works properly >you can switch the RA3000 into a menue >mode. Press [escape] then "&". For >privileged functions you get asked for a >password - I think it is "DECRAID". When >the SWCC connects to the RA3000 it will >switch them back to their protocoll. Good >luck!

No luck there, I get absolutely nothing. Esc shift-7 does nothing. I have even tried the SWCC HSZ22 command console serial interface so it makes me think the cable isn't working. This is strange because you would think it would be standard and certainly, this cable works from the COM1 port to my RaidArray 310 and Alpha DB9 consoles.

Time to get out the breakout box I think.
Pawel Jaskorzynski
Occasional Contributor

Try a cable with TX and RX swapped.