New Discussion юеВ

RAID MANAGER

SOLVED
Go to solution
Prashant Zanwar_4
Respected Contributor

RAID MANAGER

Hi

This is question regarding documentation. What best shall I read to understand about RAID manager. Are there any documents explaining various commands of RAID pairdisplay, pairevtwait, pairsync and also the raid technology configuration..
I have XP1024 connected to clustered nodes. I have to understand the systems thoroughly.
Please reply

Thanks and regards
Prashant
"Intellect distinguishes between the possible and the impossible; reason distinguishes between the sensible and the senseless. Even the possible can be senseless."
2 REPLIES 2
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: RAID MANAGER

Some notes:

What is RAID Manager XP?

- RAID Manager XP is host-based software package that includes the CCI (Command control interface).
- RAID Manager XP enables you to initiate BC and CA commands from UNIX based host systems.
- The core of RAID manager is the instance which needs to be configured and operational before any of the commands will operate.
- Two instances are required to manage a specific pair. The instances can run on the same hosts or different hosts.
- One instance will manage the P-Vol and one will manage S-Vol.

- For multiple pairs a single instance can handle volumes from multiple pairs.

- To create, suspend or delete pairs the instances will communicate and cooperate.
Instances communicate with each other using UDP sockets.

- For each pair, the RAID manager instance configuration file will contain IP address and port number of the other instance.
Instances communicate with the XP via a command device. This is a special volume that accepts BC or CA control operations.

Installation and Configuration

1. Create a command device on the XP using LUN Manager.
2. Install RAID Manager software on the host(s).
3. Add RAID Manager instance to the service file(s).
4. Create instance configuration files ├Г┬в├В ├В horcm??.conf.
- Start instances.
- Set RAID Manager environment variables
5. BC or CA? Set the parameter HORCC_MRCF
6. Which instance will process commands? Set the parameter HORCMINST
7. Issue commands - interactively or in batch mode.

Refer the guide (or post issue in this forum):

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpg28385/lpg28385.pdf
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.
Prashant Zanwar_4
Respected Contributor

Re: RAID MANAGER

Hi,

I really appreciate this help.
Thanks a lot.

Prashant
"Intellect distinguishes between the possible and the impossible; reason distinguishes between the sensible and the senseless. Even the possible can be senseless."