5916 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RAID status on DL 380 server

TIMOTHEE
Advisor

RAID status on DL 380 server

Hello everybody,

i set up a disk array of two disks (RAID 1) on a HP DL 380 server using HP ORCA and then installed SuSE Linux 8.1. Since the smart array has been set up before the OS i didn't find any way to read the current status of the RAID in SuSE. Do you know of any tools/modules that would enable me to check it ?

thanks a lot and regards

Nicolas
4 REPLIES 4
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Re: RAID status on DL 380 server

Hi,

There are utilities available for checking raid configuration online from OS. This depends on the raid controller. Search for the raid card you have and you will find it on HP site itself.

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"
TIMOTHEE
Advisor

hello devender,

using your recommendation and another similar thread i started i noticed i ha to use cpqacuxe and hpacu

it seems there are quite a few dependencies with cpqacuxe but it's not really well documented thus i don't know which other RPM's are needed.

Also i noticed cpqacuxe seems to be a web-based tool whereas i would prefer a command-line based tool so that i can batch the process easily for the only feature i'm looking for is the RAID status.

thanks for your inputs guys

have a great day
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

there is a CLI for ACU under Linux.
Go here:
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Type in your product type, select download drivers.
Then select your server model and OS. You should find in this list an Array Configuration Utility CLI (under Software - System Management)

Regards,
Stephen
TIMOTHEE
Advisor

thanks a lot Stephen this solved my problem

seems there was a problem with a previous version of hpacucli i had (7.17-1). 7.20-16 worked fine