New Discussion юеВ

RS12FC cluster problems

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ben Smith_1
Occasional Advisor

RS12FC cluster problems

Having problems.
Both of the cards work fine I have tried them in both servers and both slots on the rs12fc. The problem ocurs when both of the cards are installed and connected to 2 servers (cluster configuration)it only reports that there is 1 controller. the only 1 it will see is that in port0. I have put switch 1 in the rs12 in to the on position eg right.
Am I correct in thinking that this is required for cluster config ?
Should I be seeing 2 DAC's one connected to each server ?
Is there some special procedure for connecting them up in cluster configuration ?
Would really appreciate some help....
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Enes Dizdarevic
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: RS12FC cluster problems

I understand that you do not use FC hub for connecting servers to RS12/FC. In this case the only possible configuration is: first servers connected to port 0 on first controller and second server connected to port 1 on second controller. HP calls this configuration FPOFless with direct connection. The problem is that this configuration requires A.00.02-5 version of FCArray assistent, 5.46-04 version of firmware in both controllers and latest version of HBA drivers. Required versions of these software are not public available. Only HP certified cluster installers have access to HP's site where these software and appropriate documentaion are located. I recommend you hire HP certified cluster installer to configure you cluster. The list of certified cluster installers can be found on: http://netserver.hp.com/products/high_availability/certified_resellers.asp
Ben Smith_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: RS12FC cluster problems

Excellent answer !!!
That has solved the problem, we have had HP engineers working on this for allmost 2 weeks now, They took the RS12FC and controller cards away to sort it out and returned the kit to us supposedly working. We hooked it all up to find that only 1 card would work because they had left 1 in duplex mode.
So 3 weeks down the road we finally have the kit working thanks to this forum.
Cheers