Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raid 1

Akheel
Occasional Contributor

Raid 1

Hello to All!!
I am running on HP Proliant ML370 Server with one 72.8K HDD,and with Windows 2003 as operating System. Now I want to implement Raid 1 without formating or damaging the current operating system. Is it possible, If yes the please help me out of the problem.
2 REPLIES
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Raid 1

You can do it with Windows software raid. If you have a raid controller, and you want to do it using hardware raid, you must restore your operating system in some way (reinstalling/restoring image, etc). See:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302969/en-us
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Archunan Muthiah
Honored Contributor

Re: Raid 1

Akhell,

Follow this...Creating RAID volumes in Windows Server 2003.

You only really need to do this if you are using software RAID. Hardware RAID has its own utilities which are often placed in the Control Panel.

1. Click Start (menu), All Programs, Administrative Tools, Computer Management.
2. Open 'Storage' and click Disk Management.
3. Right-click the unallocated space on one of the dynamic disks where the RAID-0, RAID-1, or RAID-5 volume should be created, and then click 'Create Volume.'
4. In the Create Volume wizard, click 'Next,' and then click on the desired volume type: 'Striped volume,' 'Mirrored volume,' or 'RAID-5 volume.'

Archunan
God is Artist, we are all just brushes