1748197 Members
2689 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Raid 5 Rebuild - Win2000 won't load

Dan H.

Raid 5 Rebuild - Win2000 won't load

Hi,

I have a proliant DL380 with a fail hard-drive in raid 5 config. After I replace the drive and rebuild complete, windows 2000 server won't restart. The screen just indicates "non-system disk". Any helps or suggestions is appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Dan H.

Re: Raid 5 Rebuild - Win2000 won't load

I went back and run win2000 server setup, now the system setup indicates that there are no partitions in the logical disk... It use to have C,D, and E drive partitions...please help !!!
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

try to remove the disk you changed, it may be it is defective and lock the scsi bus
But if you said that you see the system rebuilding, I'm afraid you replaced the wrong disk
marino
e4services
Honored Contributor

DOes sound like that. Have you checked to ACU to see what you have as a configuration? Did it install the replacement as another drive RAID0 instead of replacing the bad drive?
But as stated above, if you show just the RAID5 with no logical drive, your configuration was lost some how.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Dan H.

I replace the bad drive and let it run for 4-5 days with the green hard-drive led blinking but still with no result. I ran the ACU yesterday and saw the data resume recovery status got build and was finish in 45 minutes or less. I reboot the server but it came back with "non-system disk" message. I ran the win2000 server setup and the installation does not see the C, D, and E drive anymore but just with one large unformat partition.