5914 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Raid-Manager-XP (HORCM)

SOLVED
Go to solution

Raid-Manager-XP (HORCM)

Hi:

I├В┬┤m starting to admin a server with Raid Manager HPRCM installes, but I've been unable to guess where it is bundled. Is it a part of OpenView? I have OV-OPC (IT/Operations) on my box. I'd also find friendly manuals; all I have is -h command option, which is a poor documentation. Thanks a lot in advance for your comments
3 REPLIES 3
Jdamian
Respected Contributor
Solution

RAID Manager XP is a software independent from OV.

You must ask HP to get an installation CD. It is contained in a CPIO file, not Software Distributor.
Oliver Charni
Trusted Contributor

hi!

Here you can find a Lot of Doc's for the HP XP Disk Array System's, this includes Documentation for the RAID-Manager:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=33732

regards
oliver
if it smell's funny on the outside, it's worse on the inside
Colin Topliss
Esteemed Contributor

An FYI for you.....

Depending on the version of raid manager, the lock file is placed in either /tmp (early versions) or /var/tmp (latest version or two).

If you have any regular clear-down scripts for /tmp, please ensure that they do NOT clear the lock file for HORCM - because if it gets deleted, HORCM grinds to a halt.

This isn't (or more accurately wasn't when I came to deal with it) covered in the manuals.

Col.