New Discussion

Re: Re: FailedSet and Spareset in Tru64

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sameer Patel
Occasional Advisor

Re: FailedSet and Spareset in Tru64

Hello,

I had one faulty disk in Storage RA8000 (HSG80 Controller)(DISK 30100) which had been configured in RAID-5 being utilised by the ORACLE 9.2.0.4 database. I also had a Hotspare (DISK 60300). So, upon using "show disks" it showed me both failedset(DISK 30100) and DISK 60300 was showing me to be configured in the RAID-5 as we had set "Set failedset autospare".

Now, when I replaced the faulty disk, "show disks" shows me DISK 60300 as being part of the RAID-5 and DISK 30100 as SpareSet.

Request you to kindly guide me on whether is it possible for me to configure DISK 60300 as Spareset and DISK 30100 as part of RAID-5 (as per original configuration) or whatever is the current configuration is correct and cannot be reversed or is there a workaround?

Thanks & Regards,
Trupti.

1 REPLY 1
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Re: FailedSet and Spareset in Tru64

You have two (well, three if you keep it how it is ;-) choices:

- delete the unit and raidset so that you can swap the disks, then recreate raidset and unit. This means downtime, but no risk for the data unless you drop the data disk.

- remove DISK60300 using software commands from the raidset - this means another rebuild which is a risk, because when another disk fails during the rebuild you will loose your data. Make a BACKUP before you start.
> DELETE FAILEDSET DISK30100
> SET raidset NOPOLICY
> SET raidset REDUCE=DISK60300
> SET raidset REPLACE=DISK30100
(Rebuild started)
> SET raidset POLICY=BEST_PERFORMANCE
> ADD SPARESET DISK60300