4720 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Re: Mirror Clone

Chin Wee Meng
Occasional Advisor

Re: Mirror Clone

Hi,

i'm implementing mirror clone on an EVA4000.currently, i would like to fracture my clone and present it to a HP-UX server to do back up.

however SSSU doesnt have the option to let me mount the file system.thus i presume i will need to write a script and incorporate into Data protector to mount the file system.

does anybody have the script or have done this implementation before? mind to share the script with me? thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

You can configure an RSM job to do all the things and lauch it via CLUI, including mounting and error handling, and lauch remotely the RSM job.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Chin Wee Meng
Occasional Advisor

Hi Ivan,

but i thought mirror clone can only have the option to do it on SSSU rather than RSM?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I was not aware of that.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

I think Ivan was right. Look into using RSM and creating a job that will take care of the fracture, present, vgimport and mount of the file system. There should be a template to help you get started. Once you have the RSM Job defined you can create a script that's called from data protector as a pre-exec to connect to the rsm server (telnet to port 9000) to kick off the job.

The other option is to use sssu to fracture the mirror clone, present to the backup node (what you've done so far) then script the rest of it outside of sssu. Chances are that you can perform the task manually once to see all of the steps involved. Once you see the flow, work on scripting it from there. If you're not up to the scripting challenge, then you may want to go with RSM. You'll also need to install the RSM host agent on the hp-ux server.

-denver
Chin Wee Meng
Occasional Advisor

if thats the case, then do u have the template? im trying to get hold of this ASAP.help is appreciated.wasnt able to find any template unfortunately.
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

The templates are provided through RSM.

I'm not logged in to check, but I think it's found under jobs -> actions -> new> templates

-denver