108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Re-create RAID1 on Smart Array 6402

SOLVED
Go to solution
Number12
Occasional Advisor

Re-create RAID1 on Smart Array 6402

We have an HP Proliant ML370 G4 with Smart Array 6402 running Windows 2003 Server. We had two 300GB hard drives configured as RAID1 but now the mirror appears to have been broken and I see the two drives configured as one 600GB logical drive. The server still boots and Windows still runs with no problems, but I need to reestablish the mirror for redundancy. If all information about the previous mirror configuration is lost from the hard disks and the controller, can I configure a new mirror and force it to mirror my OS to the other drive?
8 REPLIES 8
Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor

hi could you attach the ADU report of the server??? Would like to have a look before any suggesstions, was there any drive failure in this box.

Andy
Number12
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, after a little research we found out that the drives had purposely been configured as a single logical drive instead of RAID1. There is no problem with any of the hardware or configuration, but now we need to configure the two drives as RAID1 for redundancy. Does the process for creating a mirror on the Smart Array 6402 allow for me specify that the existing data on one of the hard drives should be mirrored to the other? Or is the only solution to back up the data, create the mirror, and then restore the data? I want to get the server OS on RAID1 in as few steps as necessary.

Thanks!
Number12
Occasional Advisor

Can anyone give me an answer?
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

can you upload a screenshot from the Array configuration utility?

an ADU(array configuration utility) report?

in that way we can help you about your question

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Number12
Occasional Advisor

There's no need for anyone to see screen shots or reports.

All I want to know is can I create a RAID1 mirror without losing the existing data on one of the disks to be used in the mirror?

Thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

if thios moment there is not RAID level like you're telling us and you want create RAID 1 again:

- backup your data
and Make the RAID 1 gain

regards
Number12
Occasional Advisor

That's all I needed to know.

Thank you!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

dont forget assign some points

regards