1753675 Members
5071 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Redundancy

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Redundancy

I have 4 ml530 servers with 4200 raid controllers, all 4 servers are exactly the same revisions, boards, slots cards. On these servers I have win2k terminal server + Metaframe.

The disk configuration consists of the following 2 x 9.1gb raid 1 , 3 x 9.1Gb raid 5.

My problem is this, if I mirror up the raid 1 set from server 2 (both disks individually) then insert the disk set into one of the other servers and the raid controller marks both disks off-line (no lights) then attempts to boot from the raid 5 set.

If one of my 4 servers motherboards fail I need the ability to remove the disk set insert the set into the test server and the raid controller should read the raid config from the disk, viola server is backup and running in a matter of minutes. Currently this is not the case unlike previous versions of the compaq raid controllers.

Any Suggestions??
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Redundancy

I assume you did the mirroring in hardware...

You do usually have to at least run the ACU once to confirm the configuration unless the controller had already been configured that way before you swapped the drives.