4984 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Replacing a Netraid 1si card with a 2M

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dave Bacon

Replacing a Netraid 1si card with a 2M

What are the procedures to replace a Netraid 1Si card with a 2m?
3 REPLIES 3
Joaquin Gil de Vergara
Respected Contributor
Solution

The NetRAID card controls its own LUNs. To replace it with another you must to backup all the data in the LUNs (cold, total and consistent backup!). Then replace the card, connect disk to the new card an create the LUNs.... now restore the backup

Teach is the best way to learn
Dave Bacon

Thanks for responding.
I thought that HP Netraid Express Tools would allow you to transfer the configuration on the hard drives to the 1M card (or 2M card). I thought that only the 4M card would not accept the drive configurations from earlier Netraid cards.
So, in essence, you cannot upgrade from a 1Si to a 1M. You have to start over with wiped drives?

Brian Peters
Frequent Advisor

To answer you last question...Maybe.

It is critical that both cards have 1- current NOS drivers (for after the transfer to the newer controller), 2- current firmware, and 3- all hard drives must have current firmware (some HDDs can???t be seen clearly by the 1M or 2M without updates). 4- Have a good backup!!

I had a similar experience as you described. After choosing ???config???, then ???disk???, all the hard drives were in ???Ready??? state. Bummer. However, by accident I discovered that while still in that screen I was able to press and it brought up the correct logical drive information. Then I pressed and was then able to save that disk scratch pad info to NVRam, rebooted and everything was fine.

Good luck!