3533 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SC10 DISK ARRAY --DIRECT CONNECT

sameer_4
Advisor

SC10 DISK ARRAY --DIRECT CONNECT

Hi,
i have connected sc10 disk array to L class system directly using the single scsi card and sinfgle cable , i have terminated the other three connecters .But i am able to see
0/0/1/0.15.0 ctl HP A5272A

my dip switch settings are switch 1,3,4,5 are in 0 positioin and switch 2 in 1 .Plus tray id is 0 as i have only one sc10.But i am not able to see the disks ..any cluues
3 REPLIES 3
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Well the SC10 is an LVD device and the card in the L is an Ultra2 SCSI. While these two are compatible, every device on the bus should be the same (LVD or SE). What I am not sure is what the internal drives are (LVD or SE). also take into consideration the internal SCSI ID's of these drives. If the settings on the SC10 are conflicting then there will be problems.

Unless of course you are running on its own seperate card with no other devices attached...

-bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Try to put switches 3,4 and 5 to 1 as well. Also, if you want full bus mode, you have to put switch 1 to 1 as well.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Try to put switches 3,4 and 5 to 1 as well. Also, if you want full bus mode, you have to put switch 1 to 1 as well.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!