1753720 Members
4790 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SCSI ID changing

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

SCSI ID changing

Is there any way to change the SCSI ID on a 3200 Controller? In order to create a cluster I need the SCSI ID on the two controllers (in different servers) to be different.

Additionally, is there a way to change the SCSI port IDs (external or internal) on an 1850R? I've been through the F10 utility and it allows me to VIEW the ID but not to CHANGE it, either on the system board or on the 3200 controller.
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: SCSI ID changing

Negative. All scsi id's are assigned by the hot plug drive cage, unless you are using non-hotplug drives.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I understand that the HARD DRIVE IDs cannot be changed because they are set by the drive cage but I'm trying to change the ID of the 3200 controller or the internal/external SCSI connection on the system board.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I found no way to change the ID on the controller or the system board. So, I installed an Adaptec 2930U in one of the 1850Rs and changed its SCSI ID. Within about 30 minutes I had a working cluster server.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The SCSI ID cannot be and should not be changed on the Array or any SCSI controller .