New Discussion юеВ

SDM 1.07 Security

SOLVED
Go to solution
Navid HUSSAIN_2
Frequent Advisor

SDM 1.07 Security

Hi,

One of the customer has put password for root in CV SDM ver 1.07 on HPUX 11i for VA7400 and forgotten password. Now I can not access SDM via GUI,

Can anyone explian, how can we reset password for SDM access for VA7400.

Thank & regards

NH
Teamwork
7 REPLIES 7
Julian Perez_1
Valued Contributor

Re: SDM 1.07 Security

Hello,

After installation, security is automatically enabled. As you know, the default username is ├в Administrator├в and the default password is ├в administrator├в (note - case sensitive).

Security can be configured using the Command View SDM Launcher or by the secadmin command.

Run the security administration utility secadmin:

secadmin ├в host {host_name}

user:
password:

<--- secadmin prompt

From this prompt, you can delete root user, using:

del -user [-group ]

This command deletes a user from the security database.

After this deletion, you can create root user, using:

add -user root -group Administrator -host valbuena

valbuena = server hostname

And exit from secadmin using exit command.

I hope it will be helpful. Best re
Keep the faith
Navid HUSSAIN_2
Frequent Advisor

Hello,
I have tried to access by user and password
but no luck.

Even when I tried to delete/add user, it asks for user name and password.

How can I complete erase security info and created, Even I have tried to remove SDM and re-install it.

How can I come out this situation...

Thanks & regards

NH
Teamwork
Julian Perez_1
Valued Contributor

Hi, bad thing.

Another temporary solution could be creating another root account. For example, root2, and including this one in Administrator group.

Maybe this can avoid to you re-install CV at this moment.

Best regards!

Julian
Keep the faith
Navid HUSSAIN_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I am exhausted all with all option and again, I have removed SDM 1.07 and delete directories

/var/opt/sanmgr
/opt/sanmgr
/etc/opt/sanmgr

and installed again,
First time, I am able to created another access secadmin with default user name and password and created user root with root password.

Later on, I tried to access via command secadmin -host
Then it asks for user name and password .. I have tried all but in vain.

Now Still I can not access SDM via GUI

Your assistant is highly appreciated .

NAVID

Teamwork
Julian Perez_1
Valued Contributor

Hello!

You can try this:

Security is enabled via the \sanmgr\commandview\server\config\PanConfigParams.txt entry SECURITY_ENABLED.

Setting the value to = true will enable security, setting =false will disable security, and maybe you will be able to access finally to GUI.

When security is enabled, the user will be
explicitly prompted with a login screen over a remote or local host.

When you are using security over a network, the security module will attempt to resolve the hostname/IP address to a fully qualified name. If the network resolves the hostname/IP address to a fully qualified name, then this must be used as the hostname
(i.e. myhost.boi.hp.com).If the network does not resolve the hostname to a fully qualified name, then only the hostname without the domain) must be entered into the security database.

And finally, when you try to access from a remote host, you have to configure access.dat file in order to include your remote IP to security database. Take this point into account.

Best regards and good luck!!

Julian
Keep the faith
krusty
Honored Contributor
Solution

I have seen this problem. The solution is in the Command View Users Guide. Look under the heading "Solving Problems" towards the back of the manual (Pg 248 in the Sept 03 version). You first stop the HA_Dial daemon, then clear out the user database file to zero length (touch), then restart the daemon. You can then use the default Administrator/administrator passwords to recreate the root user. Read the manual for the details, but this is your fix.

Curt
"In Vino Veritas"
Navid HUSSAIN_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

We have sorted out this issue. I would like to share as well.

As mention in SDM Document, We run ./HA_Dial_stop and made /opt/sanmgr/ commandview/server/data/UserDBFile length zero and start ./HA_dial_start

Then we execute command # secadmin -host

It prompts for user name and password, we entered User name Administrator and password administrator

and then add users
# secadmin add -user root -group Administrator -host

Now we are able to login in SDM via xterm with user name root and password administrator.

Surprise to know even when try to access via user Administrator and password administrator, it is not accepting and when we create user root and password root, it also does not accept. Could be password length issue.??

Anyway, Many thanks to all,
We have sorted out this issue.
Teamwork