1752372 Members
6138 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SecurePath

Rajesh Malavade

SecurePath

Installed securepath v4.0c for windows workgroup Ed in ml570 with os win2k, storage MSA1000.

When giving command 'spmgr display' it is showing only one controller and with command 'autopath adapter' it is giving message no adapter found.
7 REPLIES 7
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

Re: SecurePath

Uups, SecurePath v4.0C combines two products: SecurePath and AutoPath.
The now built in AutoPath components are only used for VA7xx0 and XP arrays while the SP will take care of MSA1000, HSG and HSV systems.
So the 'autoptah adapter' command will not work for the MSA1000.

Use the 'spmgr display' command to see your config.

Cheers
Peter
I love storage
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Peter,
I think there _could_ arise a small misunderstanding from your answer, so please allow me to clarify a little.

Rajesh is using the Workgroup Edition of Secure Path and this one, last time I checked, does not support the HSG, HSV (and I think XP) storage arrays.

Rajesh,
can you describe your configuration a little bit?
Do you have two fibre channel adapters in your server? How are they connected - via hub, switch? Do all components show links?
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

Uwe

I did not want to go into too much detail, therefore I did not differentiate between regular and enterprise edition. I am pretty much ware of it!

But for the sake:
Secure Path v4.0C for Windows supports the EVA5000, EVA3000, RA8000/ESA12000, EA8000/EMA12000/EMA16000, MA6000, XP and VA solutions.
Secure Path v4.0C for Windows Workgroup Edition supports the MSA1000 and the VA solutions.

The reason behind is to provide a lower pricepoint for the entry storage solutions!

Cheers
Peter
I love storage
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I was pretty sure that you are aware if it.

However, it was only last week that I have checked an offer to a customer and it contained the wrong version of Secure Path. So, I thought a little reminder could not hurt.

I apologize if you felt treated wrong.
Rajesh Malavade

Hi
UWE

Yes, I HAVE TWO FIBER ADAPTERS IN A SERVER AND THAT ARE DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO MSA1000.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Rajesh,
what do you mean by 'directly connected'? Are you using a 2/3 hub or an embedded fibre channel switch? Do they show that the links are OK?

Can you go into the Windows registry and check your SCSI devices? There should be a 'port' per fibre channel adapter and each one should have 'targets'. On one target you should see one or more 'lun' with 'MSA1000' in the inquiry string.
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

I assume you are running the configuration shown on page 9 of the config guide.
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/storageworks/whitepapers/16WN-0702A-WWEN.pdf
Right?

Does it work that way?

Cheers
Peter
I love storage