5976 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Security Switch in XP12000

AleDC
Occasional Contributor

Security Switch in XP12000

Hello to all!!

I need to turn of the security switch in te XP12000.

they can say to me like doing it?

Greetings

5 REPLIES 5
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

Re: Security Switch in XP12000

What do you mean exactly?
Are you talking about the LUN security (Secure Manager XP) that restricts access to LUNs by WWN of the HBA? Or something else?

Cheers
XP-Pete
I love storage
AleDC
Occasional Contributor

HI!

I want to add a new WWN but the XP1200 show me a error screen.

Please see the attached file.

I really appreciate your help.

ALE
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

You need to turn on Security for at least the port your LUN/LDEV is mapped to.

If security is off, all servers that can access that XP port can access all LDEV/LUN that are mapped to this port.

If security is turned on no server will see any LUN/LDEV unless the WWN of an HBA has been mapped to this LUN/LDEV.

So before you can map WWN to LUN/LDEV you need to turn security for that port on by right-clicking on the port and selecting enable.

If a server is already doing IO over this port without security on you have to be careful not to disrupt this IO!

Cheers
Pete
I love storage
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

And, take the
HP StorageWorks LUN Configuration and Security Manager XP user guide for the XP10000/XP12000
as reference.
The current version can be found here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00801877/c00801877.pdf

Cheers
Peter
I love storage
Joseph Algieri

You need to install LUn Security Manager. You need to turn on security for the port you want to create the host group on. This will be indicated by a little key icon on the screen. From the Command View XP User Guide:

Creating host groups
NOTE: If you are configuring a NAS environment (XP128/XP1024 only), skip this section.
You can connect multiple server hosts of different platforms to one port of your disk array. When
configuring the system, you must group server hosts connected to the disk array by host groups. For
example, if HP-UX and Windows hosts are connected to a port, create a host group for each host type.
1. In the LU Path tree, locate the port and verify that LUN security is enabled.
NOTE: If the port icon has a key , LUN security is enabled.
If LUN security is not enabled, right-click the port and select LUN Security: OFF->ON (XP128/XP1024)
or Disable->Enable (XP12000) in the shortcut menu.
2. After LUN security is enabled, right-click the port in the LU Path tree and select Add New Host Group.
The Add New Host Group dialog box appears.