1752786 Members
5741 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Server and Array Move

randy1c66
Visitor

Server and Array Move

We have a Proliant Server with two MSA 2000.  Recently we were forced to move the entire package to a new location.  Server was powered down.  Unplugged all cables and reinstalled at new location.  Prior to the move the top array was partitioned as our virtual E drive.  When server was powered up at the new location the bottom array came back on and top array has amber lights on all drives.  In addition the virtual drive of E no longer shows when you look at my computer panel.  It seems that the top array either wasn't shut down all the way prior to disconnect or didn't restart properly.  One limitation is no one can telnet in and we are not allowed to get on the internet to diagnose.  Any suggestions and help would be appreciated since our db is on the E Drive.

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

"One limitation is no one can telnet in and we are not allowed to get on the internet to diagnose."

Hi, if telnet or http doesn't work then you can try to connect to the MSA with the serial cable.

I'd check for obvious problems like erroneous cabling. Perhaps there are more error leds than the disks.

randy1c66
Visitor

Since I am not an IT guy and they didn't pay for warranty service how or where can i find information on how to do this? Thanks for responding
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

First hit on google: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Disk-Disk-Arrays-Legacy/Connecting-to-MSA2000-via-Cli-serial-cable/td-p/1105502#.T_sV4_0vloc

You take the serial cable that came with the MSA, connect it to a computer. You then start a terminal emulator, (PuTty works fine) and connect.

What you do after that takes a bit more IT knowledge.

But if you type help you can run quite a few 'show' commands that may tell what is the problem.

The "MSA2000 CLI Reference Guide" can tell you more details about the commands.