Disk Enclosures
1753665 Members
5723 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Should HP gives warranty on a single drive?

Alan R. Yin
Occasional Advisor

Should HP gives warranty on a single drive?

Hi techs,

I have a faulty A5282A (18gb scsi) drive which manufactured in 07-2001. But I didn't use it in Hp SC10 or L2000, should Hp still give warranty on it?

TIA,

Alan.
4 REPLIES 4
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Re: Should HP gives warranty on a single drive?

Alan,

It depends what you put it in, and if the service techs think your enclosure is at fault for the failure. Also, has the warranty period expired?

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.
Alan R. Yin
Occasional Advisor

Hi Vince,

I bought the hdd from an auction, it was sealed in a bag, I used it as a single hdd in my clone computer. Since the hdd was made in July 2001, Hp should have 3 years warranty on it, am I right?

TIA,

Alan.
Phillip Williams_2
Respected Contributor

Alan

Think it depends on the contractural terms of the auction:
-1. Was warranty included in the sale?
-2. What documentation or other (can be verbal) contractural stuff have you got from the sale suggesting warranty?
-3. Can you find the party you bought from anyway.

Suspect you are on your own with this one. If you want warranty, support etc. buy from a fyully supported route: If you want "cheap" deals, buy elsewhere, caveat emptor...

Yours aye

The world is divided into 10 types of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Alan,

All I can find is a notice saying that all new drives (purchased after 1/1/03) are 3-year warranty. Older drives should have included a warranty statement, which tells the length of the warranty.

You can call support and give them the serial number, and they may replace it. Also, that drive should have come with a drive carrier (it's apparently made to go in a hot-plug enclosure). You may need to return the drive and carrier to get a replacement.

Since you bought it at auction, I'm afraid that you might not be covered by the waranty, but they usually do go by what the S/N database has to say about it.

Good luck,

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.