1748148 Members
3782 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Smart-2DH array controller

Shere-Ling Kraus-Yao
Occasional Contributor

Smart-2DH array controller

What capacity hard drives does this controller support? Will it support any capacity hard drive as long it is of a compatible type, SCSI-3, and fits within the enclosure and has the appropriate connector, 80-pin SCA.
4 REPLIES 4
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Re: Smart-2DH array controller

Yes
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
Dave Green_1

So you're saying that I can remove my 4 x 9.1Gb drives and replace them with 4 x 146Gb drives ?

Any controller firmware issues or the like (Proliant 3000 6/333 dual cpu, NT4 TSE, Smart-2DH Array) ?

TIA,
Dave
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Hi Dave;

Yes, as long as the new hard drive fits physically in the drive cage, it will work.

It's always a good idea to update your drivers, system ROM, array controller firmware, and system partition utilities before making this kind of upgrade. Clear NVRAM using advanced F10 features when you're done.

If you're planning to swap out the drives one at a time to expand the array without rebuilding your OS, remember that the recommended procedure for this is to down the server at every drive swap. HOt-plug hard drives should only be hot-removed if they have failed.

Hope that helps,

Janine
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
Dave Green_1

Thanks Janine for the useful info and heads-up on the firmware etc.

The array is data only so it will be backup, swap drives, form new array, restore.

Do you have a pointer to where I could start looking for the current revs for the Proliant 3000 and 2DH ?