Disk Enclosures
1752866 Members
3882 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Array 3200 error

Jason Krampien

Smart Array 3200 error

Our Proliant ML570 server (Win2K svr), when booting, pauses (and requires pressing F1 to continue) when checking the SmartArray 3200 controller. At that time, it displays the error "1787 Interim recovery mode". After pressing F1, no more errors come up, and the server boots/runs fine. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Hello:

"1787 - Interim recovery mode" indicates you have a failed hard drive in your array which has not yet been replaced.

The server will continue to stop at F1 until the condition is repaired, or by going into the BIOS to disable the F1 boot-up prompt.

In this case, you should check your array for a failed hard drive. Sounds like you might be running with no fault-tolerance right now.

Cheers,

Janine
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
Dennis Stuart

I am getting the same message. I started to receive a message regarding device\scsiport0 did not respond within the timeout period first. When I rebooted, I got the post error messages listed above. It also shows in the event log that the drive in slot 2, port 1, bay four status has a new status of 3. Another message lists another drive with a status of 7. I do not have any indicator on the drives that they are failing. Is this status supposed to tell me the health of the drive?
Dennis Stuart

ok just rebooted for the third time today and now 2nd hard drive has very bright failure light on front.

thanks,
dennis