Disk Enclosures
1753777 Members
7550 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Smart Array 641/642

Melanie_19

Smart Array 641/642

I am trying to move two drives that are mirrored from a WIndows 2003 server that has a 642 controller to a new server that has a smart array 641 controller. I keep getting a blue screen. I have updated firmware on both controllers. Any thoughts on how to do this?
4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: Smart Array 641/642

Hi,

is the BSoD about a inaccessable boot device or what cause the blue screen? Which driver do you installed on the old System?

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Melanie_19

The bsod error is a stop error. The driver version is 5.60.0.32 (cpqcissm.dll).
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Melanie,

Take the drives back to where they were in the original server and update the driver to ver 5.66.0.32 which can be downloaded from this link
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22369.html

And then move them to the other server you wanted to move them to
However, if you are getting the same blue screen when you move the drives back to the original server, I would assume you ahve updated the firmware to the latest before you update the driver and the driver failed to understand the new firmware (the driver ver 5.60.0.32 is not the latest driver and should be updated)

To do so, downgrade the firmware on the smart array 641 controller to previous firmware than the latest and boot to the OS then update driver and update the firmware after that

Regards
Amha Kassa
Robin_37
Trusted Contributor

Install the 641 controller in the server where you have 642 controller let the os recognise and install both the controllers. then move the harddisk and 641 controller to the new server.

Test it should work

Regards