5937 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Splindle sizes & RAID config

Edgar_10
Frequent Advisor

Splindle sizes & RAID config

Hi All,

Is there a way(command syntax) that one could use to determine the spindle sizes & RAID configuration a HP server has been configured with?

Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
Tim D Fulford
Honored Contributor

errrr

What do you mean. If you are using LVM then the LUN/disk can be displayed if you do pvdisplay /dev/dsk/????, or diskinfo /dev/rdsk/????

If that device is actually a LUN (e.g. it is on an intelegent disk subsystem) then you would need to use the array contoller software. Thus what is the array you are attached to. here are some commands I know of, but they are sub-system SPECIFIC...

armdsp -a # VA7xxx
arraydsp -a # AutoRAID
amdsp -a # FC60

Regards

Tim
-
Edgar_10
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

The server is connected to a XP256 storage array. PV/LV display doesn't display RAID information but extent sizes; stripe sizes etc?

Thanks in advance!
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

I guess you woul dneed to use the controlling software that you have for the RAID array. If it is an XP, then do it from hte PC station, ohterwise you may be able to use device specific commands for hte XP
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Edgar_10
Frequent Advisor

Hi Melvyn,

Thanks for the info, do you know what the syntax of the commands is?

Thanks,
Dean
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

The XP256 if I am not mistaken is the rebadged Hitachi 7700. If you have access/administering the array box -- then it shoul dhave come with a software called Hi-Track or LUn Manager (whatever it's HP OEM version called..). The interfaces are all GUI based and pretty much intutive...

There were later tools -- xpinfo?? that is supposed to give you more information from the host side but I have never used it yet... It should be here somewhere in this forums as an attachment submitted by one or 2 users.. just search for "xpinfo"

HTH.
Hakuna Matata.
Stuart Abramson_2
Honored Contributor

Here are some XP "HORCM" commands:

raidqry -l
xpinfo -i

Poke around with these. (man, whereis, etc.)

You can also get this info from "LUN Manager" on the control station, I think.

Stuart
Edgar_10
Frequent Advisor

Hi All,

Thanks for the info. I was able to obain data for RAID set-up using the "xpinfo -r" command, but I still dont have data pertaining to spindle sizes.

Any ideas?