5530 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Storage Array P2000 G3 iSCSI controller management port connection failure

MVL
Occasional Contributor

Storage Array P2000 G3 iSCSI controller management port connection failure

Hi all,

I'm experimenting a connectivity problem on the controller of my HP P2000 G3 iSCSI.

In detail, the storage array is a dual controller (bundle version TS251P006-02) with both controller management port configured for manual addressing mode. Both the ethernet ports are connected to Cisco Nexus 2248TP configured for auto negotiation / auto speed (cables are ok).

In this configuration I have controller A configured for "Auto Negotiation: Enabled", "Duplex Mode: Full", "Link Speed: 100mbps" with no problem. It's correctly connected and works well.

Controller B, instead, is inoperable and even if I force the same configuration of controller A ("Auto Negotiation: Enabled", "Duplex Mode: Full", "Link Speed: 100mbps"), looking at configuration (with "show network-parameters" command) it results with "Auto Negotiation: Disabled", "Duplex Mode: Half", "Link Speed: 10mbps".

The command "set network-parameters auto-negotiation enabled link-speed 100mbps controller b" looks going well, I get "Command completed succesfully", but the effect is null.

I tried also to restart the controller, but nothing is changed.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks and best regards.

Roberto

1 REPLY 1
JahSoldier

Re: Storage Array P2000 G3 iSCSI controller management port connection failure

From help set network-parameters:

You can also set link speed, auto-negotiation, and duplex-mode parameters to enable Ethernet switches to communicate with the storage system. These settings will persist if the Ethernet cable is disconnected and reconnected, but will revert to default values if the controller is removed from the enclosure. These settings affect only the network port of the controller on which this command is entered.

So log on to controller B and issue the command again (you don't need to specify a controller)

What I'm stuck on is setting them back to default after changing them.