Disk Enclosures
1753506 Members
4988 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storage Virtual Replicator loses my Pools/Vdisks?

Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Storage Virtual Replicator loses my Pools/Vdisks?

I have version 4.1 of the product above setup on two servers (Windows 2003 std) connected to a SAN with MSA1500cs and 1xMSA30 and 1xMSA20 shelf.
There are 3 Logical drives setup at present using SSP in ACU. On one server I have created 2 pools both with 1 Vdisk each. Other server has 1 pool with 1 vdisk.

There is also in the same environment, Secure Path v4, Storage Mirroring (doubletake), and Veritas 10d.
These are all working correctly.

The problem is that intermittently the Replication Manager loses the pools/vdisks, but I can still see/operate them in My Computer!
Restarting the services doesnt help, but restarting the servers does (for a while, then they disappear again!)
Ive tried adding new pools but get a "No storage units available" error. Ive tried recovering the namespace, but get "unable to recover pools" etc etc.
Im on the latest FW and drivers for all HW.

This is all only in a testing environment, but my customer is getting twitchy to get it all in and working!

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Mark...

p.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to Disk arrays. - hp forum Moderator

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)
2 REPLIES 2
A.W. Benjamin
Advisor

Hello,

We have the same kind of problem. Is your issue solved ? and how ?

Alfred
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Hi Alfred,

Im afraid I never got any further with this one.
My customer sat on their SAN setup for months after insisting that it needed to go live last year!
They have only just started using it again in the last week or so.
Maybe I'll have an update when they get round to playing with Virtual Replicator again!

Thanks
Mark...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)