4146 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Support Cost for XP256

Emil Henry
Regular Advisor

Support Cost for XP256

Hello!

Does anyone know what people are paying for support from HP for the XP256? Are there any known good companies out there who support this device other then HP.

Regards,

Emil
5 REPLIES 5
Christopher Rupnik
Valued Contributor

Re: Support Cost for XP256

Hi Emil,
For what exactly? Hardware support? Configuration support?

I am sure you can hire a contractor who knows how to configure the XP, but if a part goes bad, your only source is HP. They provide excellent service on their equipment (and I speak from experience).

Take care

Chris
Scott Blancett

Support costs vary widely, depending on if it is year 1-3 or year 4+, and what the exact config is (number of drives, controllers, memory, etc.). To give you a very rough idea, I was looking at year 4 maint. on a pair of XP256's (4TB total space) and bought a new EVA 5000 instead...

If you want an better number, HP will be happy to quote you estimated support costs for future years given your configuration.

cheers,

Scott
Joseph Loo
Honored Contributor

hi,

it depends on the size of the disk storage and also what sort of support and how many days of technical services support, i.e. outside of the normal maintenance support?

the XP256 which i handle is manage by the HP guys whom i feel safer with than outsource to someone who may have the certification or know-how but may not be as updated as the HP engineers.

by the way, they are "ripping" my company off at about US$5000 every month for a less than 1 TB of disk storage and 2 FC card.

regards.
what you do not see does not mean you should not believe
Emil Henry
Regular Advisor

Hello!

Got a quote from HP for their lowest level of support (there is only a couple of options), and with our discounts (university) it came to about $5K per month. Decided not to accept the donation.

Regards,

Emil
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

Good decision. XP256 has got outdated. HP's latest offering is XP128/XP1024.
sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.