7323 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Switch logical Drive from 2 to 1 -SMART Controller

gruber_2
Occasional Contributor

Switch logical Drive from 2 to 1 -SMART Controller

Hello,

I have a problem with an SMART 2P Array Controller. My setup are 2 RAID 5 Arrays. The first with 3 Disks a 9GB and the second with 3 18GB Disks. After a Controller crash I changed the SMART Controller, and no I have the problem that the RAID where the System resides is on the Logical Drive 2. I am only able to boot my System if I use only the тАЬSystemтАЭ Raid.
Then I try to add a new Array so the new on switches automaticly to тАЬLogical Disk 1тАЭ and I am not able to Boot.

Can somebody help me? Thanks s for your Help

Best regards

Thomas Gruber

2 REPLIES 2
Andy_180
Trusted Contributor

Re: Switch logical Drive from 2 to 1 -SMART Controller

Hi Gruber- have you checked your boot controller order in the sytem partition? in your messege you dont define "not booting". or what OS is installed. hard to tell you for sure what is up, or not up without more facts.

thanks.
--andy
gruber_2
Occasional Contributor

Re: Switch logical Drive from 2 to 1 -SMART Controller

Hello Andy,

thanks for the replay. I├В┬┤ve fixd the problem by my self. The problem was the OS resides the Logical Disk 2. If I add my Data Array, the controller sets it always at Logical Disk 1. So it is me not able to boot my OS. If it is possible to switch the OS Array to Logical 1 so the problem is fixed.

My Solution:
I Added temporarily a external storage unit U1 and configured a dummy Array. Which become the Logical 1 Disk ID. Then I added the Data Array, it becomes the Logical Disk 3 ID. After that I delete the dummy Array. After unplugging the external storage unit and deleting the dummy Array the System works fine.

Best regards

Thomas Gruber