1752520 Members
4647 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: UPGRADE EVA6100 from console

Seyed Ali
Occasional Advisor

UPGRADE EVA6100 from console

we have one EVA 6100 with controller XCS firmware 6.2 and command view 8.0.2, CV manegment server can not detect EVA, so i wnt to upgrade controller firmware from XCS6.2 to XCS6.22, but i couldnt find any documentation about how can upgrade controller firmwar with serial console cable. ALL documents that i can find is about online upgrade with CV. but i need step by step controller filmware with serial console
5 REPLIES 5
AnthonySN
Respected Contributor

Is there any specific need to upgrade via serial.
doubt whether it can be done that way.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Before you can do the upgrade, you need to figure out what is wrong with Command View.

Have you rebooted the CV Server?

Check your zoning, perhaps a recent change modified something accidentially.

Check your fibre cables to your CV Server.

I highly doubt you will get any support for upgrading the XCS via the serial port (if it is even possible) if your CV is not working.

From what I can remember, there were not many options when you connected to the serial port. There were a few things pre-boot sequence... but not much afterwards... though i never really did fully explore the interface.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

As far as I'm aware the serial console is only to be used by HP support personnel.

As others have stated previously, you need to work out why CV EVA isn't communicating with the controllers...

Regards,

Rob
Rajiv Kulkarni
Valued Contributor

Upgrading XCS via serial is not really supported, upgrading it via CV EVA is the best route. if existing CV EVA cannot detect the EVA check zoning, use CVutil program and check if the paths are ok to the EVA. If paths are OK and CV EVA still cannot talk to EVA then perhaps restart Master controller which will fix the issue.

Thanks,
Rajiv
Seyed Ali
Occasional Advisor

finally i fixed the problem. we didnt had Zoning.CV connection to Controller was Directly connected. finally i findout,host ports was disabled on OCP. i changed host port from FABRIC to Directly connected and try to enable these ports. after that,CV sucssesfully detect controller