New Discussion юеВ

Unable to create DR Group

SOLVED
Go to solution
Taurian
Valued Contributor

Unable to create DR Group

Hi all,

I am trying to create a DR Group but am getting the error "Insufficient Available Data Storage".

The DR EVA has one disk group with all the storage available. The storage for the PRD and DR EVAs are equal. There are 8 paths available in the "View Remote Connections", meaning zoning is OK.

I am unable to understand what the issue might be. I've tried restarting the DR EVA but to no avail. The PRD EVA is in prodution and cannot be restarted.

Immediate help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Unable to create DR Group

You don't write what EVA and the firmware revision. In most recent versions you need 200 raw-GigaBytes per DRG on both sides for the write-history-log which is implemented as an internal VRAID-1 VDisk.
Taurian
Valued Contributor

Hi,

The firmware revision is XCS 09534000. You were right on the mark regarding the space.

Need to know one more thing.... do we require CA license on both PRD and DR EVAs or the license needs to be added only at the PRD side?

Thanks.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

CA Licenses are required on both EVAs - remember that you can change the replication direction for each individual Data Replication Group 'on-the-fly' (no, that is NOT transparent for the hosts!!).