4719 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unallocated Space of 13GB on VA 7100

Oliver McNamee_1
Occasional Contributor

Unallocated Space of 13GB on VA 7100

Hi,

Want to make use of the above space. Can see in the Reflection window that the 'launcher' command brings up, but haven't a clue how to (or even if it can be) made available to the system. Want to make a new VG with this and 10GB of free space from another FS that we deleted.

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Oliver
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Oliver,
suggestion: attach 'armdsp -a' command output to your next reply
Eugeny
Oliver McNamee_1
Occasional Contributor

Eugeny,

Here is the info from "armdsp -a".

It tells me that I have 13.804GB unallocated. How to make this available to the system, is what I don't know how to do.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Oliver
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Some items for you to check:
- firmware=HP14, latest HP18, should be updated by HP CE (call HP). After upgrading to HP18 you'll be able to migrate to AutoRAID mode without further perfomance problems (which HP13 and HP14 had in this mode);
- Single controller - is it correct? Does this VA really has one controller? Note that state of VA is 'Warning';
- why VA is working in private loop? If in SAN (switch connected) then it should be in fabric;
- if there're other OS hosts (than hpux) sharing VA then host behavior table should be created.
To create new LUN you can use GUI (graphical user interface of CommandView SDM or web interface you're using right now) or you can do it from command line issuing
armcfg -L 4 -a 13G array1
this command should create LUN #4 with size of 13GB. After you'll create this LUN, issue 'ioscan -fn' on the hpux host, and check if it got visible. Then issue 'insf -e' to install device file. As soon as device file is created, you can do anything you want with this LUN like it is a local SCSI disk
Eugeny