Disk Enclosures
1751969 Members
4677 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Uninstall procedure for Command View EVA?

SOLVED
Go to solution
DogBytes
Valued Contributor

Uninstall procedure for Command View EVA?

Before I re-image my server, I was wondering if anyone has a procedure for uninstalling CV EVA? I successfully installed v9.1 but v9.2 installation hung for over hour before I cancelled it. Now it's giving a message:

"Suite Installer
The installer has detected a same version of Command View EVA installed. Please uninstall and re-run the installaion."

Add/remove programs doesn't list it and I've tried removing certain folders and reg keys but it still thinks its installed.

Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Uninstall procedure for Command View EVA?

Open the Registry Editor, Navigate to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Hewlett-Packard , and delete the traces of the following folders:

command view

HpOvLic

ccbgn

CxwsCimom

hp Storageworks SMI-S

EVA_Provider

EVA Performance Monitor

EVAPerf

Ensure that the following folders are deleted:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Sanworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\COMMON_CCBGN

C:\Program Files\Zero G Registry

This is a hidden folder.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hewlett-Packard\HPOvLIC

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Universal & delete the Vital Product Data (VPD) directories

(For example, P_MasterInstaller6XX , HP_MasterInstaller70 , HP_MasterInstaller701 , and so on.)

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\SMI-S\CXWSCimom\config
DogBytes
Valued Contributor

That did it, thanks.
DogBytes
Valued Contributor

Successfully installed CV EVA 9.2 after using the above procedure. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Karla Adame
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I followed the procedure but getting the error while trying to install CV9.2 on Windows 2003 SP2.

"Setup has detected that an instance of HP CommandView Software suite is already running. Setup cannot continue while an instance of HP CommandView Software Suite is running."

Any other ideas.

Thanks

Karla
PYMO
Frequent Advisor

I don't have any of those entries in the registry @ HKEY LOCAL MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Hewlett-Packard , however, I do have some @ HKEY LOCAL MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node. Do you think I should delete those as well? In fact, are those the ones to be deleted when using W2k8R2 R2?

How about the 2 XF directories and entries?
This too will pass...
DogBytes
Valued Contributor

PYMO,

this thread is closed. You should create your own question (and possibly reference this thread if you want). The difference is its your question and you can then assign points to those who take the time to reply to you.
Remember most of the people who reply don't work for HP, but many do like to receive points for their efforts.

Good luck,

- R.
PYMO
Frequent Advisor

Thanks -R!
Indeed U R right. I don't much care about points myself but given that most do that on their own time, I should pay more attention. I went with ITRC instead anyhow.
Have a great summer!
pymo
This too will pass...