Disk Enclosures
1752790 Members
6448 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Upgrading a Proliant 3000 from 9.2GB arrray to 18.2Gb

Nelesh

Upgrading a Proliant 3000 from 9.2GB arrray to 18.2Gb

I need to find out how I go about upgrqading a Proliant 3000 server with a 3200 Array Controller. Currently I have 6 x 9.2GB drives I want to put in 6 x 18.2GB drives. increasing the disk space

Once all the drives have rebuilt, how do i go about re-configuring the disk space for use.

2 REPLIES 2
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: Upgrading a Proliant 3000 from 9.2GB arrray to 18.2Gb

First of all, we would suggest 36GB disks these day. The 18GB disks are no longer produce because 1 platter producing 36GB with today's data density, so the cost is basically the same.
But to answer you question, once each drive in the array set has been replace and the array rebuilt between each swap, you will have your original RAID and OS Logical Drives and partitions in tacked. You can now expand the last RAID logical to the open space which in term will report a larger logical drive to the OS. Therefore the logical drive will now show to the OS as a drive with your original partition and the balance as free space, ready to be configured. That is create a new partition or use a partition utility to extend the current partition.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Nelesh

Re: Upgrading a Proliant 3000 from 9.2GB arrray to 18.2Gb

thanks for the information.
I have replaced the drives on one of our DL360 Servers running windows 2000 with 3 18.2Gb Drives I replaced the drives with 3 36Gb ones. Once the the rebuild had completed I tried to extend the array but was unable to!! How to I get the server which is running windows 2000 to see the unallocated disk space.