108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Uptime for EVA

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jonathan Harris_3
Trusted Contributor

Uptime for EVA

Anyone know how to view uptime for an EVA?
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: Uptime for EVA

Hi Jonathan,

I'm not in front of an EVA to check at the moment, but I think you might be able to get it in the output of the SSSU command "LS CONTROLLER FULL".

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Jonathan Harris_3
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Rob, but that was one of the first things I checked. Unfortunately, uptime isn't given in the output.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

It does not look like the 'uptime' information can be obtained from the EVA.
However, you could look through EVA's event log and search for event
0303000a - An HSV200 controller has begun booting.
I'll attach a picture.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Well, crawling though the Command View event logs page by page is not very interesting, but I've found something better...

Open the Windows Event Viewer and select the "Application" log. Right-Click and choose (View -> Find...). Search for event number 0303000a in the "Description" field.
Another picture attached...
Jonathan Harris_3
Trusted Contributor

Hi Uwe,

Many thanks for that. The only problem with using Event Viewer is that with multiple EVAs our logs don't go back far enough.

Instead, I downloaded all the CELs, entered them in to Navigator, selected alerts and then sorted by error code.

It's not infallible, as it's possible for the EVA to stay up with individual controllers going up and down at different times.

Still, I think this is as good as I think we're going to get, and it should keep management happy :)