Disk Enclosures
1748264 Members
4099 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Urgent: ADU report -Smart Array P400 in slot 1: Logical Drive1 - Parity initialization failed

Raneesh
Visitor

Urgent: ADU report -Smart Array P400 in slot 1: Logical Drive1 - Parity initialization failed

HI Guys please help. I got a problem from a client.I am pasting his query. If you know it please help me.

We have HP Server DL380 G5 with 3 Nos 146GB 2.5 10 SAS hard drives. One of the hard drive was showing failed, and another one was showing predictive failure since the HDD is hot plug I performed the following action:

1) Backed-up the DATA on the server.

2) Replace the Failed hard drive with the new hard drive.

3) the rebuild processed too long hours to complete the process and status was ok for that hardrive

4) than I replaced the predictive failure hard drive - rebuild process took some time and status was ok.

5) All hard drive LED's where green

next day I checked the ADU report -Smart Array P400 in slot 1: Logical Drive1 - Parity initialization failed and two hard drives LED changed to RED.

3 REPLIES 3
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

Re: Urgent: ADU report -Smart Array P400 in slot 1: Logical Drive1 - Parity initialization failed

hi,

Please check the FW of the hdds/controller. Please attach an ACU report.

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Raneesh
Visitor

Re: Urgent: ADU report -Smart Array P400 in slot 1: Logical Drive1 - Parity initialization failed

Hi Please find the attached report of ACU.

Please check it and help me.

Thanks 

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

[Physical Drive 2I:1:3]

Read Errors Hard

Predictive Failure Errors

[Physical Drive 2I:1:1]

Read Errors Hard

Predictive Failure Errors

The RAID should be recreated unfortunately. Please back up your data. If you replace the drives one by one , the errors will be overwrited on the new drive and the issue will never be solved.

That's because you have 2 defective hard drives.

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!