1748169 Members
3747 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Urgent!!! Urgent!!!

SH GM
Occasional Advisor

Urgent!!! Urgent!!!

We have a M20 disk array (C2300WDR5). Tonight, the service led light and HP engineer come here to replace SPB board. But, the SPB board still not work in one hour. Why this happened? Any one can help me?
I love it!!
4 REPLIES 4
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Do a search in documents for SPB.
One of these should help you out.
I think, your machine hangs in grid manager.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Efim Kushnir_1

Hello.
Sorry for my English.
I think you must connect to array through console and rebuild your array with the help of GRID MANAGER. It is necessary for attach new SPB to Array (some specific info is save on HDDs).
The procedure of rebuilding circumscribed in service manual for DA.

Regards,
Efim
Jared_1

The first thing I would check it hooking up to the console port on the array using a RS-232 with an adapter. Try to hook up to SPB first and see if you can get into grid manager. If this doesn't work, hook up to SPA and look at the status of SPB from SPA. Also, how long ago did the CE come out? Usually, the HP CE's give you a call back within a couple of days to make sure that everything is working properly after the repair.

Wang:
If the subsystem fault condition has not cleared by now and you have not had a followup call from your CE I recommend you contact the CE locally to inform them there is still a non-optimal state in the array. We would need to check the unsolicited logs and the presentation screen through grid manager to identify what the array is still unhappy with. The subsystem fault status will not clear until the array is 100% optimal so even a lun rebuilding will keep the array from displaying a "ready" state, even though all data is available.
To verify that SP's are both working I usually recommend checking that all paths are CLAIMED with:
ioscan -fnC disk
..then doing a dd test from a selected lun through both paths to /dev/null, like:
dd if=/dev/rdsk/cXtXdX of=/dev/null bs=64k count=1000
...where cXtXdX is the device file for the lun you are testing (C2300WDR5).
errors or timeouts (or paths showing NO_HW) would indicate ongoing trouble talking to the array and the need for a call to HP again.

Hope that helps