108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Usage of BC/CA on XP12000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Craig Sterley
Advisor

Usage of BC/CA on XP12000

Had an issue a while ago where we exceeded our Buisness Copy on our XP12000. Does anyone have an idea of where to find the actual amount in use for BC and CA without having to log in to the management page and drill all the way into the install screen? Have Performance Advisor and Command View XPAE running, but can't find anything in there to get the information needed.

Need to come up with a simple monitoring routine for our monitoring crew.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

CVXPAE or Remote Web Console can tell you from the install menu (bottom most). Look for the licenses, it will in format:

XP Business Copy 10TB (8.2TB)

Which means you have 10TB license and 8.2TB is in use.

Keep it in mind if you create single pair of BC with a 100GB LDEV, you consume 200GB of BC license.
mavrick
Regular Advisor

Hi Craig,

This seems to be the problem with License update issue. You need to update your license ,this can be done from Command View XP. For this as of my knowledge HP support engineer only can update this.
Craig Sterley
Advisor

This is where i am currently finding them. Trying to find another way - if it exists - to find the information without having to go into another program for it. Already going into CVXPAE and PA, if i can minimize the effort it for our monitoring team it would make things easier. If not than they will have to get over it.
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor
Solution

I don't see any other place to see it. The reason behind it is that you always want to have the latest information and that can only be seen by polling the XP configuration, which is what CVXPAE does.

If you are looking at RAID Manager, then it's capabilities are limited to pairs related operations they can't perform the XP healthcheck or XP status gathering.

I will probably look at the CVXP-CLI script to prepare something which gives an instant answer. Hope some CVXP-CLI Guru can help you out here.
Craig Sterley
Advisor

Thanks for youe help, i will look into using the CLI to come up with something.