1748201 Members
2817 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ussing JBOD A5675AE as shared storage for cluster

cheri_2
Occasional Contributor

Ussing JBOD A5675AE as shared storage for cluster

Hi ! We have 2 HP lp200r servers running Red Hat 7.2 with web and mysql. We want to build
cluster (Legato)and need small external SCSI storage as JBOD A5675AE .We have HP hardware RAID Manager on each host (NetRAID ?) and dual chanel Ultra 3 . If i can use JBOD A5675AE as external storage conected to two nods (after changing SCSI ID on host i now )? IF RAID manager can make mirror between 2 JBOD's on BIOS level or i need LVM manager on Linux to do it ?
Thank's .
Cheri
Keeping alive
4 REPLIES 4
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Re: Ussing JBOD A5675AE as shared storage for cluster

I think you'll have more of a problem with getting the DS2100 to work in that environment, rather than the hardware RAID controller or LVM.

Last I heard, there's some problem preventing the DS2100 from being used in a MC/SG environment (HPUX cluster), so I would be concerned that this may affect your config as well. I don't know what the problem is/was, nor do I know if it's been resolved.

Anyone?
No matter where you go, there you are.
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

ServiceGuard does not support that JBOD.

Follow this link for more information:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x63741cc6003bd6118fff0090279cd0f9,00.html

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
cheri_2
Occasional Contributor

Thank's to all , but i ask about Legato cluster on Linux ,not MC/Service Guard.In Legato they no need any special requirements, just RAID Manager (Netraid-2M) that support shared SCSI bus and property termination ...
If that is right ?If Netraid-2M now to make mirror between two ds2100 Jbod's or i need LVM for Linux to do this ?
Thank's in advance !
Keeping alive
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Tehnically, if your RAID card can handle the termination, you can use the DS2100 in this environment.

The problem with the DS2100 in clusters is something to do with the ILT (in-line terminator) cables. The ILT cables allow you to reboot a host (depending upon your SCSI card, it may not provide termination if powered off!), and disconnect cabling from a host without crashing the cluster.

Removing termination from an active SCSI bus will halt your systems (panic) at best, and cause data corruption at worst.

Since the ILT cables aren't working properly with the DS2100, MC/SG does not support the device... without the ILTs, the environment is too restrictive.

Good luck!
No matter where you go, there you are.