1753530 Members
5002 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VA 7410 space issue

Carol Yu
Frequent Advisor

VA 7410 space issue

I have a VA 7410 disk array with 84 disks (73G) (2 redundancy groups), which is shared by two independent HP-UX servers. There are raw and used by Informix DB.

How do I know that how much space is left on each disk? How can I use the free space for Informix DB backup?

I didn't set everything up and everyone knows about this is gone. No documentation on anything. I don't know much about disk array things and I need this answer badly. Please help me.

Thanks a lot,
Carol

4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

The space left on each disk is irrelevant to you. You do NOT see individual disk in a VA array. Instead you see whatever LUNs you create on the VA.

You can see how much space is left in each RG thru commandview or thru the armdsp command ('man armdsp' for more info).

Ricardo Rocha
Valued Contributor

Hi Carol

Surely that at least one of your servers has the Software Command View installed.

You can use it to get all kind of informatio about your array.

First run :
# armdsp -i

get the alias or SN of the array

# armdsp -a "alias"

Here you'll see what you want.

Good luck,

Ricardo
"there is this old man who spent so much of his life sleeping that he is able to keep awake for the rest of his years"
Carol Yu
Frequent Advisor

I tried the armdsp command and it worked. Thanks a lot. Also I am wondering if you can recommend some guide or materials for commandview so I can get to know how to use it and etc.?

Thanks a lot.
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor