108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VA and DS problems using Command View

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ewan McDonald
Advisor

VA and DS problems using Command View

I'm having some problems with Command View, wondering if any of you could help me?
I'll use my DS2405 as an example. I have Command View SDM version 1.07. With an L-class(l2000), I have connected up a DS2405 with two disks inside(36gb). When I start command view "cvui", the system picks up the controller and the two disks. The problem I have is when I try to issue any commands(such as a format of the disk). I get the following error: "Login failed, you are not authorised to access this system". I've tried using the commands from the command line such as "#JBODfmt -f 20000004cfcf036a" but I get the same error message. I've tried different systems with command view installed, I've tried using a different disk system and also a VA700. All give exactly the same error. Any help would be much appreciated :)
5 REPLIES 5
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor
Solution

Ewan,

CVSDM 1.07:
if you want to disable security edit the file /opt/sanmgr/commandview/server/config/PanConfigParams.txt

SECURITY_ENABLED=false means you needn't supply the password.

HA_Dial_start and HA_Dial_stop is the script to start and stop the diald daemons which will infact stop the commandview SDM from running.
They are in
/opt/sanmgr/commandview/client/sbin/HA_Dial_Stop
/opt/sanmgr/commandview/client/sbin/HA_Dial_Start

Regards,
Bernhard
Vladimir Vlcek
Occasional Contributor

Check if there is IP address of the system you are running CV on in access.dat file in /sanmgr/hostagent/config/
By default there is only 127.0.0.1
Type all IP addresses you need with at the end and then restart OpenDial and HostAgent daemons.
Nguyen Anh Tien
Honored Contributor

First of all. You should check username and passwd that used for login. Unlike privious verion CVSDM 1.07 support
authorize as default.
Secondly. You can disable security option by edit ParnconfigParams.txt at
/opt/sanmgr/commandview/server/config/PanConfigParams.txt
edit SECURITY_ENABLED=false.

restart HA_dial agent
#/opt/sanmgr/commandview/client/sbin/HA_Dial_Stop
#/opt/sanmgr/commandview/client/sbin/HA_Dial_Start
tienna
HP is simple
Ewan McDonald
Advisor

Thanks guys, this has fixed the problem... :)
Ewan McDonald
Advisor

Problem fixed, the security was set to true. Followed your steps of VI'ing the file, then retstrting the software. It's working perfect now.

Cheers,

Ewan