1752810 Members
5863 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VA7100 and Command View SDM via serial connection

Kalwitzki
Occasional Contributor

VA7100 and Command View SDM via serial connection

We got a 2-node Netware - Cluster running on a VA7100 with fibre connection. Our problem is that we got to reboot on of our cluster nodes to a W2K to watch the state of the VA. Now I read that the new Command View SDM (1.6) is able to communicate via serial cable. That would help us because we could use any server to observe the VA ( It crashed this friday with one controller and to disks ) from one of our W2K server that is not connected to the VA via fibre. Can anybody tell me if one can download an update for the SDM 1.4 to get the Command View 1.6 ?
2 REPLIES 2
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Re: VA7100 and Command View SDM via serial connection

You will have to get a full upgrade. Talk to your Solutions Architect or sales rep about getting one.

Good luck,

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: VA7100 and Command View SDM via serial connection

I fully agree with Vincent. As soon as you have CV 1.04 your VA should have old firmware. Call HP office and ask for controller and battery firmware upgrade and for CommandView 1.06 upgrade.
I think that serial support for Windows-based SDM was introduced in 1.03 with VA firmware HP14, please refer to installation and user guide at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=3124&locale=en_US&prodSeriesId=64112&prodTypeId=12169
Examples:
start CV: cmdviewva serial:com1
armdsp -i serial:com1
Eugeny