4615 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VA7110 vs MSA1000

Yuriy Tsyutsyak
Advisor

VA7110 vs MSA1000

Hello!
I need some software to benchmark this storage system.
Who have something give me link plz.

6 REPLIES 6
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

Re: VA7110 vs MSA1000

I suggest using IOMETER.
It has been developped by Intel and is open source now.
See http://www.iometer.org/

Cheers
Peter
I love storage
Shaikh Imran
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Also you can try iozone
www.iozone.com

Regards,
I'll sleep when i am dead.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I don't think so - you should better try http://www.iozone.org/
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

What systems are you going to use? The VA7110 default settings are for HP-UX. If you are benchmarking from Windows, it needs to be set for that. The VA7110 is a virtual array and has autoraid, so if you have enough disk drives, the performance of a single LUN should be easily able to outshine the MSA1000, since it would be striping across more drives. Of course if you have a small configuration (5 drives), that won't help much. If you are using HP-UX you don't want to stay with the standard queue depth settings. Use scsictl or change the kernel to change the default. HP storage engineers have excellent tools that can provide performance data on the VA7110, given the number of drives a mode, for read and write and mixed performance. I suggest you save some time and talk to HP storage architects.
Mom 6
Yuriy Tsyutsyak
Advisor

Hello!
If you have some documentation how to configure va7110 for best performans on Windows Nt4 SP6 & Windows 2000 Advansed Server.
Config VA7110
10 146Gb HDD
Roger Buckthal_2
Frequent Advisor

- Configure the whole array in RAID 1+0 only; or in AutoRAID mode, 597GB or less of total LUN capacity will result in RAID 1+0 configuration.

- Any number of LUNs will provide best performance

- Make sure the host type is set to Windows

- The VA allocates physical capacity on demand, the allocation rate is slower than the normal usage rate, so run your benchmark a couple of times. (the first time allocates the physical capacity)

- Make sure all other array setting are in the default setting

- It can't get any easier!